Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Testimony from Lauren Raffi (19 UC Raven SLO)

This weekend we made a trip to the tenderloin of San Francisco, which was an absolute blessing. The crew I came with drove up from San Luis Obispo, and the trip was awesome from start to finish. The moment that still sticks with me is when we walked into the Tenderloin and saw the crew of people standing by the cross, and I realized that rather than people to preach to, they were Preachers, Harvesters, and men and woman standing for Jesus. Tears came to my eyes a few times just looking around and seeing brothers and sisters ministering to others in love, and with the truth. 

The tenderloin has such an interesting combination of people, and I talked to people from homeless men who knew the truth, and needed some prayer and encouragement, to a young many who was lost by the worlds lie that we have to accept all religions. My heart also broke while holding a young baby boy, who doesn’t have a place to call home. Church, if we’re called to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and there are people on the streets that love Jesus, then what are we doing? It’s time to rise up, and truly be the body of Christ.

I was also so encouraged to see the team from UC Davis out on the streets. I had spent time (and so had much of our team) praying for more harvesters to rise up on that campus alongside Benny, and suddenly, there the stood before me. They also are incredible men and woman of God, who went out and preached the truth without much hesitation at all. Praise God, for my Jesus is one who answers prayers, and is raising up a generation of men, woman, and children who will not compromise the truth. I was so blessed by everything I saw, and I want to encourage all of you to continue to stand for Jesus, and don’t look back. He is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment