Monday, January 24, 2011

Tenderloin Testimony from mother Lori Gonzalez (Raven Santa Rosa)

Every time I go to the San Francisco Tenderloin my heart breaks. This time was no different. Tomika is a mother of two and my husband Pastor Rudy led me to her. She was sitting near the fountain holding her baby. When I asked her how I could pray for she looked into my eyes and started sharing her story. Similar to many of us, she has a past. She was ready to trust something other than what this world had to offer because doing things her own way has only resorted her to losing her kids, spending time in prison and being held in addiction.  When I told her my testimony and the reason why Jesus died, she clutched my hands so tightly, she just couldn't get enough. My friend Heather was there for the very first time with me and so, mother to mother we were able to call upon the name of the Lord during her time of trouble. It didn't take a bulletin, a nursery, a building, a sign up sheet or a fee. I didn't have time to walk her through a sixteen week discipleship class or lead her to a home group. No. The Spirit of the Lord gave me utterance, the tears swelled in our eyes and our hearts were filled up with the only peace that transcended our environment, our abilities, the mountains that she is facing. Beside us sat Daniella. A 38 year old woman whose heart and mind was restored to Jesus earlier that evening, holding Tomika's son while we prayed, then offering her a phone number hoping they could meet together in the tenderloin this week or at the shelter to read their bibles together. After we embraced and joined the rest of our team in worship and prayer,  I remember seeing my son Anthony and friend Heather walking her with her children to the bus. Satan stand back in Jesus name! Tomika and her children are not yours. They belong to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment